War Photographer

James Nachtwey: The worst thing is to feel that as a photographer I am benefiting from someone else's tragedy. This idea haunts me. It's something I have to reckon with every day because I know that if I ever allowed genuine compassion to be overtaken by personal ambition, I will have sold my soul. The only way I can justify my role is to have respect for the other person's predicament. The extent to which I do that is the extent to which I become accepted by the other; and to that extent, I can accept myself.

Documentary about war photographer James Nachtwey, considered by many the greatest war photographer ever.










James Nachtwey shows his lifes work and asks TED to help him continue telling the story with innovative, exciting uses of news photography in the digital era. 



Popular posts from this blog

Vernon Courtlandt Johnson 's Interview - Art of Skateboarding

Seo Young-Deok's Sculptures Are Of the Chain